Pierce, 5th Grade
1. What do you love about St. James Episcopal Day School?
"I love that I look forward to going to school everyday. St. James has a great community and everyone knows each other."
2. Describe one of your favorite teachers and tell why she is a favorite.
"One of my favorite teachers is Mrs. Holliday. She is always interacting with us in class and teaches with a lot of humor. She is always pushing us to learn skills above our grade level and I know this will help me in the long run."
3. In what ways have you grown in your faith as a result of your time here at St. James?
"St. James makes you want to be a better Christian. I love the outreach projects."
4. The St. James Day School tagline is “Excellence, Faith, Community.” How do you experience excellence at St. James?
"I experience excellence through my co-curricular classes, the technology we use, and my teachers. St. James lets each teacher teach her strongest subject so we switch classrooms based on what we are learning instead of sticking to one teacher per grade."
5. What would you tell another student, who goes to another school, to encourage them to consider St. James?
"St. James has very bright students and teachers which makes it one of the best schools in Louisiana. It is amazing how much you learn at St. James and how many friends you will make over the years. The teachers work hard to make learning fun and exciting so you want to come everyday. It is a very special school."
Pierce, 5th Grade
Take A Tour of the Best Private Elementary School in Baton Rouge
We would love for you to visit our thriving campus. It’s the best way to see what we’re truly all about. Schedule a private tour at any time during the school day and one of our admissions staff will show you around. We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Baton Rouge, and you’ll have access to our private parking lot.