For more questions, contact Julia Spaht, Director of Admissions.Expand All
St. James has a rolling admissions, which means we accept applications until a grade level is full.
- 3 by September 30 for PreK-3
- 4 by September 30 for PreK-4
- 5 by September 30 for Kindergarten
We recommend that you schedule a tour to see our campus in action! Once you have visited our school, you may apply online. Once we have received your completed online application, you will be contacted to schedule a screening appointment.
- Yes. To be considered for admission to St. James Episcopal Day School, your child will be screened. Screening days are scheduled in the fall. The screening fee is paid at the time of application.
- Parents will be contacted after submitting their online application to schedule a screening appointment.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten students are given a basic skills assessment to determine a child’s readiness. The assessment lasts about 45 minutes, and the children are screened in small groups.
- Applicants applying for 1st–5th grade are screened individually and are assessed in math, reading, and writing skills.
- Parents of 1st–5th grade applicants are required to have a introductory conversation with the Head of School, Lauren Ray, after the applicant has been screened.
Private tours can be scheduled at any time. St. James hosts Fall and Spring Welcome Wednesday tours, which will be announced through our social media platforms and website. You may also see advertisements in various publications, like Baton Rouge Parents Magazine.