While St. James Episcopal Day School staff respects individuality and cultural diversity, it is necessary for us to maintain an environment conducive to learning. Our dress code is designed to foster this environment.Expand All
- Uniforms are required for all students.
- Clearly mark child’s last name in permanent ink all items of clothing.
- Keep uniform in good condition.
- Periodically, we will have special dress days. Notification will be sent home in advance and students may wear appropriate clothing other than the school uniform.
- All articles of clothing not a part of the St. James uniform must be removed once inside the school building or church.
- Rolling book bags are not allowed for Pre-K 3 through third grade students.
- Final decisions on all areas of dress and grooming are at the discretion of the Head of School.
- Shoes with luminous lighting (light up shoes) are prohibited.
- Open-toed or backless shoes or boots are prohibited.
- White or navy socks required.
- Your child’s hair should be clean and properly groomed.
- Girls may not wear hair extensions, feathers, or excessive accessories.
- Simple bows and barrettes are acceptable.
- Boy’s hair should be cut over the ear and above the eyebrow. It may not touch the collar of the shirt.
- No lines or patterns shall be cut into hair.
- Watches, stud or small loop earrings are appropriate for girls.
- Boys may only wear watches.
- Small cross necklaces may be worn.
- No other necklaces, bracelets, etc. may be worn
- Solid white or navy sweaters are acceptable over the uniform.
- Navy fleece or windbreaker with the school logo.
- St. James Cape can be worn.
- On days under 40 degrees, any coat may be worn.
- Hats, gloves, and other outer wear must be removed once inside the school buildings.
Girls: For graduation (in May) and graduation pictures (in February or March), girls must wear their jumper with white blouse and dress shoes.
Boys: For graduation (in May) and graduation pictures (in February or March), a white dress shirt and navy pants are required. A tie will be supplied by the school
Students are required to wear regular uniforms or uniform bottoms along with their spirit t-shirts.
If a grade level and/or class has a special shirt that ALL of the class is wearing, that shirt can be worn with uniform bottoms.