Mrs. Woodman, Spanish
1. What do you teach at St. James Episcopal Day School?
"I teach Spanish."
2. What do you love about St. James?
"I love everything about St. James. The support, dedication, and passion of our families. It is a pleasure to work with such an amazing group teachers and staff. Most important of all, I love our precious students. I love being a tiny part of their lives."
3. Why do you like teaching at St. James? What motivated you to become a teacher at St. James?
"What motivated me to become a part of St. James is the quality of teachers and staff, the students and their families, and the tools St. James offers to help me be the best teacher I can be."
4. What is a unique experience, talent, or interest that you bring to your classroom to help shape the learning experience of your students?
"I don’t teach from a text book. I teach from my heart. I teach what I do best, speak Spanish. I teach my culture by sharing my personal experience growing up in Peru. I lived in Miami for seven years and in St. Francisville for 8 years. I learned to speak English not that long ago, so I understand how frustrated my students feel sometimes. I always tell them 'Spanish is not hard, it’s just different'."
5. What sets St. James students apart from students in other schools?
"St. James students are unique, kind, compassionate, and very curious. It is a pleasure to teach them, because they always want to learn more."
6. What do you want your students to gain from having known you?
"I want my students to value the benefits of learning a second language and to appreciate and respect different cultures, in particular the Latin culture. Also, I want my students to leave my class knowing that they are very special part of my life."
7. Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself? Perhaps a fun fact?
"Yes, I admit it... I am a little bit of a perfectionist. I spend HOURS looking for the right photos and pictures for my lessons."
Mrs. Carolina Woodman, Spanish Teacher
Take A Tour of the Best Private Elementary School in Baton Rouge
We would love for you to visit our thriving campus. It’s the best way to see what we’re truly all about. Schedule a private tour at any time during the school day and one of our admissions staff will show you around. We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Baton Rouge, and you’ll have access to our private parking lot.
St. James Stories
"What I love about this school is that all the teachers are great. One of my favorite teachers is Mrs. Saffell, because she gets us interested in whatever she teaches."