The Inzer Family
1. What do you love about St. James Episcopal Day School?
"St. James is already a second home for our family because we were married in the church, and our children have grown up attending St. James services on Sundays. There is a unique tie between the day school and church that allows families to grow together academically and spiritually. Children get the opportunity to see many of their friends and teachers in chapel on Friday and then again at church on Sunday."
2. Why did you choose St. James Episcopal Day School for your children?
"We love the low student to teacher ratio in the classroom. Every teacher is engaged with your child on an individualized level that makes each student feel encouraged as well as challenged. We also appreciate that parents are encouraged to be active participants in their child's school."
3. In what ways have you seen your children grow in their faith as a result of their experience at St. James Episcopal Day School?
"Spiritual growth is a cornerstone of St. James. It is the school's foundation upon which everything else is built. Our children have learned scripture, as well as how to implement the lessons the Bible teaches us into everyday life"
4. The St. James Day School tagline is “Excellence, Faith, Community.” How does your child experience excellence at St. James?
"Our children are pushed to strive for excellence in the classroom as well as outside of the classroom."
5. What would you tell another parent to encourage them to consider enrolling their child at St. James Episcopal Day School?
"St. James is a school like no other school in Baton Rouge. The small community makes everyone feel welcome. They provide on-campus after school enrichments that allow your children to participate in activities without having to drive all over town. The school counselor knows everyone by name and is always engaged with the children on an individual basis. Each child is greeted at daily carpool by name with a smile. St. James puts your child first in every aspect. It is a unique and very special community of families that you cannot find anywhere else in Baton Rouge.
Katherine and Jim Inzer, Day School Parents