How to Apply
How to Apply
We encourage parents to explore our website at length to get a feel for what we’re all about!
Once you’re ready to apply, follow the steps below:Expand All
- Come and see us! We strongly recommend that you take a tour of our campus to see our school in action.
- Begin the application process by creating an account on our RenWeb portal. Then, you will be able to fill out a new student application form, which may be edited until you are ready to submit it. A non-refundable $150 application and screening fee must accompany each child's application. Parents will receive a confirmation email letting them know their application was submitted.
- To be considered for admission to St. James Episcopal Day School, your child will be screened. Screening days are scheduled in the fall. The screening fee is paid at the time of application.
- Parents will be contacted after submitting their online application to schedule a screening appointment.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten students are given a basic skills assessment to determine a child’s readiness. The assessment lasts about 45 minutes, and the children are screened in small groups.
- Applicants applying for 1st–5th grade are screened individually and are assessed in math, reading, and writing skills.
- Parents of 1st–5th grade applicants are required to have a introductory conversation with the Head of School, Lauren Ray, after the applicant has been screened.
- Applicants will receive an acceptance letter in early December.