How to Apply
How to Apply
We encourage parents to explore our website at length to get a feel for what we’re all about. We also recommend that you take a tour of our campus to see our school in action. Once you’re ready to apply, follow the steps below:Expand All
- Begin the application process by creating an account on our RenWeb portal. Then, you will be able to fill out a new student application form, which may be edited until you are ready to submit it. A non-refundable $150 application and screening fee must accompany each child's application. Parents will receive a confirmation email letting them know their application was submitted.
- To be considered for admission to St. James Episcopal Day School, your child will be screened. Screening days are scheduled each fall, prior to the application deadline. The screening fee is paid at the time of application.
- Parents will be contacted after submitting their online application to arrange a screening if an appointment has not already been made.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten students are given a basic skills assessment to determine a child’s readiness. The assessment lasts about 45 minutes and the children are screened in small groups.
- Applicants applying to 1st–5th grade, are screened individually and are assessed in math, reading and writing skills.
- If an applicant is applying on or before November 1st, he or she will receive an acceptance letter in early November. Applicants applying after the deadline of November 1st will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Generally, families learn if their child has been accepted approximately 48 hours after the screening is completed.