We believe in utilizing modern technologies and cutting-edge educational resources to enhance the classroom experience and engage our students in new and exciting ways.
Since 2015, St. James has continously upgraded its classroom technology resources with the addition of the following across campus such as:
- Large flat screens and Apple TVs in every classroom and throughout other areas
- iPad devices in PreK-4 & Kindergarten
- 1:1 iPad in 1st through 5th grade
- 1:1 Apple Pencil initiative across all grade levels starting in 2018 and fully implemeted by fall of 2019
- MacBook Air laptops for all teachers
- Two commercial grade 3D printers in partnership with Dremel and Morphi
- Two complete Virtual Reality Mobile labs with 10 devices per lab
- True gigabit fiber access bringing in high speed internet access
- Fun and engaging apps to enhance learning, such as EduCreations, Puppet EDU, CoSpacesEDU, DoInk, Chatter Pix Kids, Book Creator, iMovie, Popplet, Epic, and Notability.
St. James Episcopal Day School has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for 2017–2019 for its culture of innovation and creativity.
Take A Tour of the Best Private Elementary School in Baton Rouge
We would love for you to visit our thriving campus. It’s the best way to see what we’re truly all about. Schedule a private tour at any time during the school day and one of our admissions staff will show you around. We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Baton Rouge, and you’ll have access to our private parking lot.